Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Summer travels #2 - Saratoga

I am just back from seeing excellent ballet in Saratoga. NYCB of course!

And I explored the town more than I ever have, from one end to the other - on bicycle. I became fascinated with porches! All the houses, little, big, simple, fancy and everything in between, have porches.  I wish I could bring one back to NYC, so instead, I took lots of pictures. 

 It all started with this one, in desperate need of repair:


It was interesting to see the porches being worked on:



 

And then so well maintained:



Like a dollhouse:

 



I admired many of the color choices:

 


 

And was impressed by some very grand houses with fancy porches



But at the end of the day, this is one of my favorites:



Hopefully someone will soon be taking care of this little house with it's crumbling porch.


I wish it could be me, I love Saratoga!

No comments: