Wednesday, August 07, 2013

A Brooklyn Day of Books and Art

After reading my new book COLORS FOR ZENA at Book Court here we are mixing colors with my paints, brushes and paper I brought along. It was fun and not too messy at all!









































Then later I had the great pleasure of going to an exhibition of illustrations by Ruth Chan, Sandra Javera and Violet Paek, all former students in my SVA Class.
I would say rush to go see their show but it was a one day event only. So instead, take a look at the websites of these talented artists:
Ruth Chan 
Violet Paek
Sandra Javera

And I was thrilled to see Tori Corn, also from class: Congratulations on the recent publication of her first book, What Will It Be, Penelope!



2 comments:

Annina said...

Looks like great fun! I am sorry I missed it.

annies home said...

love seeing events like this that gets all reading and having fun.