Friday, May 06, 2011

New York City Ballet's spring season started on Tuesday night and I have already been three nights in a row! The amazing thing is that there were no repeats of ballets - in three nights I saw a total of 10 different ballets, all by Balanchine, every single one a masterpiece, including 4 Temperaments, Symphony in 3 Movements, Agon, Apollo, Stravinsky Violin Concerto. Is there another company anywhere in the world that can do this kind of programming?!
The dancing has been tremendous including the very special event of Chase Finlay's debut as Apollo last night.
So much to look forward to in the next six weeks of the spring season! Info here at NYCB

My cousins have just arrived from Michigan. They are going to see their dancing cousin perform (my daughter!) Infact it will be their first time seeing the ballet ever. I say no better way to start than with Balanchine!

No comments: