Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Crêpes in Paris

I just love this picture from a young reader, enjoying a crêpe on his recent trip to Paris. Mmmm, c'est bon!
My app, Crêpes by Suzette, has just launched! I have been working on this project for a very long time: almost four years. When the book went out-of-print I wanted to find a way to keep it alive, and voilà, the idea of developing an app got started. I really had no idea what I was getting myself into - it was alot of fun but alot of work, and I had alot to learn.  With my digital recorder I collected sounds, music, voices from streets, markets, parks, playgrounds, carousels in Paris and edited them into sound collages, to create a different atmosphere for each page in the book. And that was just the beginning... There are crêpe making demos, narrations and vocabulary in six languages (including the English narration read by me!) and lots more.  I hope children feel they are taking a trip to Paris, and that they have fun savoring the culture, language, and crêpes on their holiday!
Just like this reader clearly did when he was in Paris!

No comments: